Re: LilyPond website is not available in some countries

From: Kevin Cole
Subject: Re: LilyPond website is not available in some countries
Date: Sat, 6 Nov 2021 10:06:58 -0400

I' m using Brave. Version 1.31.88 Chromium: 95.0.4638.69 (Official
Build) (64-bit)

I enter https://lilypond.org/doc/v2.20/ and am redirected to
https://lilypond.org/doc/v2.20/Documentation/web/index.html

So far, so good. https: redirects to https:

I click Manuals and again, am taken to
https://lilypond.org/doc/v2.20/Documentation/web/manuals . Still good.

I click Learning Manual. Still good. https remains. I am now at
https://lilypond.org/doc/v2.20/Documentation/learning/index#top

I click the search bar at the bottom of the green sidebar table of
contents... And get a pop-up in red text:

> "This form is not secure. Autofill has been turned off."

I continue anyway. Aaaand. https has gone away, And v2.20 is now
v2.19. I am now at:

http://google.com/search?btnG=Google+Search&brute_query=beats&q=site%3Alilypond.org%2Fdoc%2Fv2.19+beats

> "The information you’re about to submit is not secure"
> "Because this form is being submitted using a connection that’s not secure,"
> "your information will be visible to others."

I can (and do) click the "Send anyway" and get to what I want.
However, the fact remains that the search submission is clearly not
playing by the same rules as the rest of the links.

Folks can blame the browser (or the user) but the behavior remains
unexpected. and again, not something I encounter on any other site.