Re: Notesheet Flute varibles defined and ready for call...

From: Robin Bannister
Subject: Re: Notesheet Flute varibles defined and ready for call...
Date: Mon, 17 May 2021 11:26:19 +0200

    darkijah@jesusgod-pope666.info wrote:
Although am getting these warnings when compiling - it does not seem to
like what I have done very much - but it does work.

You have two cases of the 'Unattached TextScriptEvent' warning.
This sort of thing happens when LilyPond can't find the corresponding note. It may discard the TextScriptEvent, but it usually lets it drift along and settle onto the following note.

   > warning: Unattached TextScriptEvent
   > orange = {
   >              ^
In the first cases your outer curly brackets are isolating the TextScriptEvent from the surroundings. Get rid of them.

   > warning: Unattached TextScriptEvent
   > \yellow e2
In the second cases your TextScriptEvent commands are preceding the
corresponding notes, instead of following them.
So at the start of the first measure \yellow has no note to attach to and is assigned to the following e2. The subsequent TextScriptEvent commands in that measure don't complain because they follow (the wrong) notes.

The attached .ly produces no warnings.

Cheers,
Robin