Re: Repeated durations: pitches vs rests

From: David Bellows
Subject: Re: Repeated durations: pitches vs rests
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 2021 12:17:58 -0800

Hi Timothy,

> David Kastrup (who probably implemented the feature) comments on the
design decisions here

Thanks for that. That is definitely not a use-case I had anticipated
though it's nice to see that I'm not alone in wondering about the
default behavior. And apparently my solution involving an alternate
syntax (adding a ~ (tilde) to a rest to make LilyPond repeat the rest)
is probably not worth the effort to implement or maintain.

Dave