Re: OLL

From: Carl Sorensen
Subject: Re: OLL
Date: Sat, 10 Oct 2020 08:57:49 -0600

On Sat, Oct 10, 2020 at 7:40 AM Andrew Bernard <andrew.bernard@gmail.com> wrote:
Hello All,

<snip>

Like Urs, I get the impression that the effort on OLL is not worth the
return, as hardly anybody seems to use it and there appears to be
little interest. This is very disappointing. So, may I ask - it is
worth me continuing the development and maintenance of OLL?

Andrew

Andrew,

My use case for LilyPond is not very demanding.  For my usage of LilyPond, the default functionality of LilyPond and some simple overrides provides everything I need.  So I personally do not use anything from OLL.

Nonetheless, I have seen the benefits to others on the list from having OLL.  I believe that OLL is of value to the LilyPond community.  I hope that you will continue to maintain it.  I also hope you will not feel forced to do more development on it.  I would be happy for you to continue to make improvements as you desired.

As I mentioned before, I believe that your taking responsibility for the OLL repository is a great service to the community.

Thanks,

Carl