OLL

From: Andrew Bernard
Subject: OLL
Date: Sun, 11 Oct 2020 00:39:43 +1100

Hello All,

Since Urs has stepped down from OLL work for personal reasons, as
somebody who has written code for OLL, and contributed some snippets
of some utility, I have been considering taking it all over. I have
proposed to make a new domain openlilylib.space, move to Gitlab.
establish a website on my personal Linux servers at my own expense,
and add much more documentation and morenad try to communicate the use
and utility of OLL to end users.

I have written to a few of the members of the list and perhaps it is
too soon but I have only heard back from one person. There have been
no contributions for some time. And now suddenly the thread about
licencing has risen again, a topic which I find absurd and I would
refuse to countenance it for any OLL work ongoing that I would be
doing. It seems that thread is trying to actively discourage OLL use.

Like Urs, I get the impression that the effort on OLL is not worth the
return, as hardly anybody seems to use it and there appears to be
little interest. This is very disappointing. So, may I ask - it is
worth me continuing the development and maintenance of OLL?

Andrew

[I am not prepared to discuss changes to GPL and anything related to licences.]