Re: Unable to attach a bend to an \afterGrace note with the bend span

From: Federico Bruni
Subject: Re: Unable to attach a bend to an \afterGrace note with the bend spanner
Date: Tue, 22 Sep 2020 23:51:04 +0200

Il giorno dom 20 set 2020 alle 12:33, Jonas Hahnfeld <hahnjo@hahnjo.de> ha scritto:
Am Donnerstag, den 17.09.2020, 12:27 +0200 schrieb Federico Bruni:
 Il giorno gio 17 set 2020 alle 11:11, Thomas Morley
 <thomasmorley65@gmail.com> ha scritto:
 > the bend-engraver-thingies are not part of core LilyPond.
> Please post at least the link where you got it, otherwise you'll not
 > get a lot of help ...

 Harm, the code is currently hosted on pagure.io:
 https://pagure.io/lilypond-bend-spanner

 We may move it to gitlab.com, where I'm sure you have an account (to
 contribute to LilyPond).
 Can we put it under LilyPond group? What do you think?

Jonas, lilypond-bend-spanner is a work in progress by Harm, not ready
 yet for inclusion in LilyPond core.
 I think it deserves some more visibility and should be included in a
 proper subproject on Gitlab.

Not making a decision here, but it looks like you're the only author
(not Harm) and the last commit is from three years ago. Isn't this
something that fits more into openLilyLib?

I'm just the maintainer of the repository. The author of the code is Harm. I think I'll edit the author of some commits in order to avoid confusion.

An older and limited version of the bend spanner is in openLilyLib. Actually this thread was started from a person who was using this old code and opened an issue in the tracker:
https://github.com/openlilylib/snippets/issues/175
https://github.com/openlilylib/snippets/tree/master/notation-snippets/guitar-string-bending

I'm against the idea of putting it in OLL.
As it's still a work in progress, Harm so far worked on his own files (no git) and post them on the mailing list. The snippets on OLL should follow some guidelines and I'm not willing to adapt Harm's code to OLL in first place (or if/when a new version is available).

But the code, even if not perfect, is working great already and some people are using it. That's why I think it should be hosted on gitlab.
I will open a thread on lilypond-devel.