Re: Unable to attach a bend to an \afterGrace note with the bend spanner

From: Aaron Hill
Subject: Re: Unable to attach a bend to an \afterGrace note with the bend spanner
Date: Thu, 17 Sep 2020 02:36:52 -0700

I know a lot of programming languages, but lisp dialects are not in my
collection. Is there a simple function that could shorten this for me?
Something like:

addQuarterBend =
#(define-event-function (mus)(ly:music?)
#{
    \afterGrace $mus \startBend {\once \hideNotes \transpose c cih
    $mus \stopBend  \once \hideNotes $mus}
#}
)

Something like this would allow me to type \addQuarterBend c’8 to just
decorate that note with a bend.

This seems connected to the question posted on Reddit [1] I answered.

[1]: https://www.reddit.com/r/lilypond/comments/iu06jp/

-- Aaron Hill