Unable to attach a bend to an \afterGrace note with the bend spanner

From: Kevin Nowaczyk
Subject: Unable to attach a bend to an \afterGrace note with the bend spanner
Date: Mon, 14 Sep 2020 02:07:40 +0000 (UTC)

I am creating a guitar tablature which includes some 1/4 bends. Typical guitar tabs do not display the microtone note, instead displaying the up arrow more as a decoration on the starting pitch. I am able to produce this effect with the following:

hideAccidental = {
  \once \override Accidental #'stencil = ##f
}

c''8.\startBend \once \hideNotes \grace cih''\stopBend
a'
\hideAccidental c''\startBend \once \hideNotes \grace cih''\stopBend

Since grace notes do not occupy any time in the score, I can set the full time of the note, bed it to a grave note, and hide that note.

Unfortunately; there is a problem if I need to bend the final note of a measure. I was hoping I could use this:

\hideAccidental \afterGrace c''\startBend cih''16\stopBend

The after grace note is actually displayed twice, and I am unable to figure out how to hide it. Is this a bug? Any advice on how to achieve my desired effect?

Kevin
Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone