Re: Unable to attach a bend to an \afterGrace note with the bend spanner

From: Kevin Nowaczyk
Subject: Re: Unable to attach a bend to an \afterGrace note with the bend spanner
Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2020 12:23:02 +0000 (UTC)

I was finally able to get my bend current with the following:

\hideAccidental \afterGrace c''\startBend {\once \hideNotes cih''16\stopBend}

The bug that prints the after-grace note twice probably still exists, but since the note is hidden, is not a concern for me. If someone else ever wants to display the after-grace, they’ll likely have a problem.

I know a lot of programming languages, but lisp dialects are not in my collection. Is there a simple function that could shorten this for me? Something like:

addQuarterBend =
#(define-event-function (mus)(ly:music?)
#{
    \afterGrace $mus \startBend {\once \hideNotes \transpose c cih $mus \stopBend  \once \hideNotes $mus}
#}
)

Something like this would allow me to type \addQuarterBend c’8 to just decorate that note with a bend.

Kevin

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone