Re: How to auto print empty measures?

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: Re: How to auto print empty measures?
Date: Sat, 29 Dec 2018 14:00:14 -0500

Hi Reggie,

> I think it's silly that Lily cannot auto fill measures either that way.

As someone who recently used Lilypond to draw a Riemannian Tonnetz graph (see
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/2018-12/pdfhe5imdug__.pdf), I
must say I doubt there is much Lilypond can’t do with a little programmatic
encouragement.

> Like if you enter input 4 4 time. You input one Quarter note and an eighth
> note and want to auto fill measure with
> engraved correctly blank rests like finale And sibelius it doesn't. You have
> to always do all rests yourself.

That’s only because you haven’t written the code to make Lilypond do it for you
[and anyone else who wants such a feature]. Patches are always welcome!

Cheers,
Kieren.

Kieren MacMillan, composer
‣ website: www.kierenmacmillan.info