Re: controlling the tie "gap" [and a possible bug?]

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: controlling the tie "gap" [and a possible bug?]
Date: Sat, 17 Nov 2018 01:16:06 +0100

> Hi David,
>
>>> Well, in this case, I’m engraving a Schenker graph… so I doubt
>>> anyone will be playing it.  ;)
>> LilyPond has its own functions for Schenker graphs.
>
> To which functions in particular are you referring?
>
> I’ve slowly been building a SchenkerLily framework over the last few
> years, and the only thing I’ve seen is
> <http://lsr.di.unimi.it/LSR/Snippet?id=501>, the inelegance of which
> was precisely what inspired me to start working on a SchenkerLily
> framework in the first place…

Seems like I have been overselling what is there.  Pruning away
translations, searching for "Schenker" in the code base yields

Documentation/ly-examples/bach-schenker.ly:  subtitle = "Analysis from Gene
Biringer's Schenker Text, Ex. 5-27"
Documentation/web.texi:orchestral projects, customized output, and even
Schenker graphs.
Documentation/web.texi:@uref{examples.html#Schenker-Graphs, Schenker graphs}.
Documentation/web/introduction.itexi:@subheading Schenker Graphs
Documentation/web/introduction.itexi:Schenkerian analysis, created by Kris
Schaffer, for an article
Documentation/web/introduction.itexi:Stunning Schenker Graphs with GNU
LilyPond}.  It is an in-depth
Documentation/web/news-old.itexi:Stunning Schenker Graphs with GNU LilyPond}}.
It is a

which is actually a single example file and sales blurbs but no actual
code or documentation.

Sorry for the confusion.

--
David Kastrup