Re: controlling the tie "gap" [and a possible bug?]

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: Re: controlling the tie "gap" [and a possible bug?]
Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2018 17:11:17 -0500

Hi David,

No, it doesn't.  The image shows the same kind of symptom
as the code does but is clearly from different code.

Hmmm… I just compiled it again, and it gave the same thing. Here’s a screenshot from Frescobaldi with the code on the left and compiled image on the right:

What am I saying that’s incorrect?

1. Is the crossing of the ties a bug?
Those are not ties but slurs.

Oops! Yes, sorry — I meant slurs.

2. Regardless, is there a way I can make all ties to begin a little
bit further to the right and end a little further to the left of the
centre of each notehead, so there is a gap between consecutive ties?

Probably tweaking Slur.details will do it

It’s definitely been a long day (week? month??), and I’m currently ill (strep throat)… I’ve been tweaking Tie.details to [obviously] no avail. Will report back soon.

In the meantime, sorry for the noise.

Kieren.

Kieren MacMillan, composer
‣ website: www.kierenmacmillan.info