Re: Supporting my work on LilyPond financially

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Supporting my work on LilyPond financially
Date: Sun, 01 Dec 2013 18:44:42 +0100

Richard Shann <address@hidden> writes:

> On Sun, 2013-12-01 at 11:41 +0100, David Kastrup wrote:
>> > In my opinion, there are only two things that will ever change this:
>> > 1. A real, live, useable, full-functioned GUI (so that users *never*
>> > have to see Lilypond “code”);
>>
>> According to the advertising, that's Denemo.
>
> I hope nothing I write could be described as advertising, rather than
> describing.

I did not want to imply that I considered the description inaccurate.
I could have said "according to how it is marketed", but that's probably
not much better.

It's a sad thing that "businessmen talking about their product" nowadays
is tantamount to "politicians talking about their government
activities".

Actually, that would be ok.  The sad thing is that both have become
equivalent to "con men talking about their get rich schemes" nowadays.

So strike "advertising" or "marketing", and replace it with
"description".  Until that term is corrupted as well.

--
David Kastrup