Re: Supporting my work on LilyPond financially

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: Re: Supporting my work on LilyPond financially
Date: Sun, 1 Dec 2013 05:24:44 -0500

Hi David,

> The situation is not really all that unfavorable for LilyPond.

Having been “in the trenches” perhaps more than most others on this list, I can
tell you the situation *is* really all that unfavorable for Lilypond.

In my opinion, there are only two things that will ever change this:
1. A real, live, useable, full-functioned GUI (so that users *never* have to
see Lilypond “code”); or
2. Robust (i.e., essentially ‘transparent’) MusicXML input/output (so that
users can input items in the tool of their choice, and use Lilypond for output
only).

Cheers,
Kieren.