Re: need to generate mass quantities of random notes for practice

From: Carl Sorensen
Subject: Re: need to generate mass quantities of random notes for practice
Date: Sun, 3 Jun 2007 03:32:21 +0000 (UTC)

plasmacarwash <creamtowney <at> yahoo.com> writes:

> Carl,
>
> The 'simple test' worked eloquently but, they are ascending. I will
> experiment with commas and dbl. commas.

Since the test doesn't have a \relative in it, the notes are absolute.  It
doesn't matter whether they are ascending or descending.  The important thing
is to make sure there is no \relative in the file for your random notes.

> This will give me the newbies variance I need to be good, no?
> Also,
> I am definitely not using the GUI as I want to write musically and manually
> synergized in one.
> Understand?

Lilypondtool for Jedit is not a GUI, but an Integrated Development Environment.
 You still enter the notes manually, but you have help available, and it's
trivial to run Lilypond, and one simple click to preview the PDF, etc.  You
really ought to try out Lilypondtool.

Carl