Re: need to generate mass quantities of random notes for practice

From: plasmacarwash
Subject: Re: need to generate mass quantities of random notes for practice
Date: Sat, 2 Jun 2007 20:24:41 -0700 (PDT)

Valentin Villenave wrote:

> 2007/6/1, plasmacarwash <address@hidden>:
>
> Maybe you should post a fragment of your file (if not the whole code,
> as it seems to be pretty short) here. Besides, if you're using jEdit,
> installing (in "Plugin manager") LilyPondTool would help you; not only
> does it give handful shortcuts and highlighting, but it also contain
> the whole Documentation and makes it easily browseable.
>
>> My (.PDF) measures spread the quarter notes over the width of the Sahara.
>> They don't come out "tight" like the tutorial.
>
> You may want to use
> \layout { ragged-right = ##t}
> on top of your file. (see 11.6.4 in the manual, and maybe 10.1.2 too)
>
>> I made all my notes 4 to 5 octaves high -"dog" whistle-register.
> Maybe you used too much c''''''' :-)
> You'd better use the relative mode here; see 6.1.6 in the manual
>
> Regards,
> Valentin Villenave

Valentin,

Your input requires me to look into the manual further down the road. Or at
least a week from now.
I tried taking visual basic in college but failed.
However I think it is important to know this code, seeing the tutorial is
very nicely laid out and simple to follow. Simple, but not easy, lol.

much love,

JWPeek