Re: need to generate mass quantities of random notes for practice

From: Roland Goretzki
Subject: Re: need to generate mass quantities of random notes for practice
Date: Fri, 1 Jun 2007 15:27:34 +0200

Hello list, hello Jay,

You wrote:
> I'm a newbie and I'd like to create a blithe score of quarter notes purely
> for practice from middle c up an octave and half to g.
> I'm learning guitar and need copious amounts of notes.
> When I attempted to do it manually with just jEdit (not using lilypondtools)
> I have two problems:
>
> My (.PDF) measures spread the quarter notes over the width of the Sahara.
> They don't come out "tight" like the tutorial.

Some weeks ago I've had a similar problem.

Have a look at

  http://www.roland-goretzki.de/cgi-bin/notenlesen.cgi

There You will be asked for the username, it's "roland", then for the
password, it's "benjamin".

Then click on "Notenlesen", then on "Einzelnoten" and then on
"Anfänger".

Take the first studie "Zum ganz kleinen Test" and/or the second studie
"Zum kleinen Test für Anfänger".

Sorry, that this web-page is only available in german language, but if
this is what You are looking for, I can tell You, how I did generate the
.png's of the randomized notes, assuming You are using linux.

Best Regards           Roland