Re: new procedure with GitLab CI

From: Dan Eble
Subject: Re: new procedure with GitLab CI
Date: Wed, 27 May 2020 20:05:16 -0400

On May 27, 2020, at 07:16, David Kastrup <dak@gnu.org> wrote:

> Now that we have the first "please get in line" merge that isn't
> actually to any degree unusual, I get the suspicion that my previous
> alternative proposal of pushing to a CI-less staging branch that then
> uses CI to get to master will eventually become a reality.

I wasn't much bothered by this round of merging.

I wonder how the rest of you feel about having another developer click the
buttons to rebase and merge your MRs?  Maybe we could adopt a convention that
if you would object to that, you configure your MR so that you are the only one
who is allowed to merge; and if you don't do that, then anyone who comes by at
a time no pipelines are running would be free to start one.
—
Dan