Re: new procedure with GitLab CI

From: Jonas Hahnfeld
Subject: Re: new procedure with GitLab CI
Date: Sun, 24 May 2020 16:44:39 +0200

Am Sonntag, den 24.05.2020, 16:28 +0200 schrieb David Kastrup:
> Jonas Hahnfeld <address@hidden> writes:
> > Am Sonntag, den 24.05.2020, 13:19 +0100 schrieb James Lowe:
> > > So, and you didn't answer this specific question, if I set the label to
> > > 'review' before the pipeline runs will make doc still run?
> >
> > Sorry: Yes, CI pipelines will run irrespective of the labels.
>
> One note for submissions: one can do a push using
>
> git push -o ci.skip
>
> and as far as I understand, no CI will happen.  "skip" does sound like
> no CI would even be required for letting the patch move on, so it will
> likely depend on the discretion of the submitter to not follow up with
> an actual merge.

You can also put "[skip ci]" in the commit message. However I think
this only applies to pipelines on commits. Pipelines for merge requests
could maybe still run, I haven't tested this.
Eventually GitLab requires that there is a passing pipeline before a
merge. If you cancel the pipeline, I verified GitLab is not fooled. I
hope it's the same for skips, but again haven't tested.

If you remember, could you try it with one of your next MRs?

Jonas