Re: new procedure with GitLab CI

From: Jonas Hahnfeld
Subject: Re: new procedure with GitLab CI
Date: Sun, 24 May 2020 16:40:58 +0200

Am Sonntag, den 24.05.2020, 14:37 +0100 schrieb James Lowe:
> > But what if a patch in countdown is rebased (without a diff) and is
> > currently running? Should it be put back to Patch::new and afterwards
> > skip the labels until Patch::countdown? That sounds very confusing to
> > me...
>
> I guess that depends on why it was rebased - rhetorical question. But
> shouldn't any rebase be re-tested regardless of a diff or not from
> previous MR after all 'something' has changed else it wouldn't/shouldn't
> be rebased right?

If you remember, we were hitting this for patches in Patch::push. We
should run the automated tests on it because this might be the commits
hitting master eventually. However your testing is applying the (same)
diff to a moving target branch (master). That doesn't provide much
value in this case.

Jonas