Re: new procedure with GitLab CI

From: Dan Eble
Subject: Re: new procedure with GitLab CI
Date: Wed, 27 May 2020 21:49:37 -0400

On May 27, 2020, at 21:03, David Kastrup <dak@gnu.org> wrote:

> Dan Eble <dan@faithful.be> writes:
>> I wonder how the rest of you feel about having another developer click
>> the buttons to rebase and merge your MRs?
>
> If you refer to me doing that on Han-Wen's merge request, he actually

I had no idea.  I just noticed that there are still some patches on "Push" and
no pipelines running.  At such a time, I could start one, but I wouldn't want
to be a pest.

> I don't think it would be a good idea to start a pipeline on somebody
> else's merge request without having an indication that they were going
> to follow through with "Patch_push": Patch_push indicates no objections
> from foreign review, but the responsibility for starting the final
> pipeline/merge should really lie with the original submitter.

What if we (by convention) reserve Approval as a way for the submitter to
indicate this, so that anyone who sees an Approved MR with the Patch::push
label is free to trigger the merge?
—
Dan