Re: new procedure with GitLab CI

From: Han-Wen Nienhuys
Subject: Re: new procedure with GitLab CI
Date: Fri, 29 May 2020 19:22:54 +0200

On Fri, May 29, 2020 at 7:04 PM Valentin Villenave
<valentin@villenave.net> wrote:

> On 5/27/20, Jonas Hahnfeld <hahnjo@hahnjo.de> wrote:
> > No, "rebase" is currently manual (with "merge when pipeline succeeds"
> > being automatic). This has been clearly communicated, sorry if you
> > missed that.
>
> Hey Jonas, hey everybody;
> just so you know, I’m getting increasingly frustrated -- as you may
> ..
> -- The need to let the pipeline run every time an MR branch is

I concur that this is problematic. Today, I spent several hours
shepherding my multiple MRs through the process, which was
additionally complicated by David and Valentin doing the same.

Could we increase parallelism on the runners, so they complete more
quickly? If we dial up the build speed, so they take only 10 minutes
instead of 40 minutes, merging will be much less painful. I have
several changes out that will increase parallelism the doc build.

--
Han-Wen Nienhuys - hanwenn@gmail.com - http://www.xs4all.nl/~hanwen