Re: migrating to GitLab

From: Jonas Hahnfeld
Subject: Re: migrating to GitLab
Date: Sun, 10 May 2020 11:29:47 +0200

Am Sonntag, den 10.05.2020, 11:05 +0200 schrieb Han-Wen Nienhuys:
> On Sun, May 10, 2020 at 10:51 AM Jonas Hahnfeld <address@hidden> wrote:
> > In any case it's not clear to me whether I should prepare for the
> > migration today or not. This would be less frustrating if other high-
> > volume developers (including but not limited to David, Han-Wen, Werner)
> > commented on the plan...
>
> Sorry. I'm fine with the migration going through today.
>
> We'll all be confused for a few days, but given that gitlab is more
> standard infrastructure than what we have, I think we'll figure it
> out.
>
> I suggest:
>
> * removing write access to issue tracker from me, so patch upload
> fails appropriately

Yes, disabling write access for everyone will be the first step of the
migration as outlined in the initial message.

> * stopping the job that mirrors staging => master (I think it runs
> automatically?)

I'll defer this to David and James who are running the patchy instances
AFAIK. Probably updating the URL somewhere? If I read [1] correctly, a
matter of $ git remote set-url origin <...> in $LILYPOND_GIT?

Jonas

1: http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.19/Documentation/contributor/configuring-patchy