Re: Looking for help in configuring LilyDev in VirtualBox

From: Federico Bruni
Subject: Re: Looking for help in configuring LilyDev in VirtualBox
Date: Thu, 23 Jan 2020 12:11:14 +0100

Il giorno gio 23 gen 2020 alle 10:45, Peter Toye <address@hidden> ha scritto:
Wednesday, January 22, 2020, 10:35:45 PM, Michael Käppler wrote:

Am 22.01.2020 um 14:03 schrieb Peter Toye:

 Yes, I would suggest that you start from scratch again.

That's because the keyboard-layout package is not installed in LilyDev v1 by default. In LilyDev v2, it will be there.

I hadn't realised that your new instructions were for the next issue of LilyDev. Are there any other missing bits? I noticed that some of the utilities for listing hardware like lsusb aren't there.

If it helps, I can release v2 tomorrow.
Michael, let me know if you have other PRs to send.

So the basic question is: why isn't it starting up? I used to be a Solaris sysadmin, but that ended 20 years ago and my copy of Frisch is long gone. I don't really know because I can't reproduce this behaviour on my machine.

Peter, I skipped most of your previous emails because of the poor quoting which made them unreadable.
Now the quoting is correct and I'm reading again.
What is not starting up?