Re: Looking for help in configuring LilyDev in VirtualBox

From: Michael Käppler
Subject: Re: Looking for help in configuring LilyDev in VirtualBox
Date: Thu, 23 Jan 2020 18:30:15 +0100

Am 23.01.2020 um 12:11 schrieb Federico Bruni:
If it helps, I can release v2 tomorrow.
Michael, let me know if you have other PRs to send.
Yes, I have some, but did not have the time to test them thoroughly.
But they are completely unrelated to Peter's recent problems.
I'd like to to test Dan's changes relating to Docker, too, but
did not found enough time.
My PRs would also fit into v3, IMHO, so I'm completely happy
with a v2 release tomorrow. Then I can post my CG patch
for review which reduces the risk that I will forget about it.

So the basic question is: why isn't it starting up? I used to be a
Solaris sysadmin, but that ended 20 years ago and my copy of Frisch
is long gone. I don't really know because I can't reproduce this
behaviour on my machine.
Peter, I skipped most of your previous emails because of the poor
quoting which made them unreadable.
Now the quoting is correct and I'm reading again.
What is not starting up?

AFAIK, the shared clipboard does not work. Peter did install from
scratch, with nearly the same setup
I have (Win 10 as host os, VirtualBox 6.1  - I use 6.0), to no avail.
We figured out, that the clipboard service /usr/bin/VBoxClient
--clipboard is not running
on Peter's LilyDev instance. I could not reproduce this on my v1 image.

What we both noticed was that startup occassionally fails with a
console prompt "Enter Maintenance mode...".
Have you ever noticed this behaviour, too? I was not able to reproduce
it reliably, so
it's hard to track down.

Cheers,
Michael