Re: Looking for help in configuring LilyDev in VirtualBox

From: Michael Käppler
Subject: Re: Looking for help in configuring LilyDev in VirtualBox
Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2020 07:43:48 +0100

Am 21.01.2020 um 20:44 schrieb Peter Toye:
Re: Looking for help in configuring LilyDev in VirtualBox
This time after the reboot I got the same result. No sharing of
clipboard, no more processes. Tried closing VBox and restarting it,
but same result.
Try to start the client manually and see what happens:
/usr/bin/VBoxClient --clipboard

There's one slight oddity: often (but not always) when booting the
LilyDev guest I get an error message - a bit too long to copy the text
so here's a screenshot:

I don't know if it's significant. It doesn't change the clipboard
behaviour.
From time to time, this happens on my machine, too.
I thought it would be a problem specific to my combination of VirtualBox
version / host os
and guest os, but if you encounter the same problem it could be a
general issue.
It's possible that my hamfisted attempts to install LilyDev as a guest
without all the instructions has screwed something up. I could start
again tomorrow using the instructions you sent me and see if it makes
any difference.
Yes, I would suggest that you start from scratch again.

Best regards,
Michael