Re: GUILE 2/3 and string encoding cost

From: Thomas Morley
Subject: Re: GUILE 2/3 and string encoding cost
Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2020 12:12:10 +0100

Am Mi., 22. Jan. 2020 um 12:02 Uhr schrieb David Kastrup <address@hidden>:

> Han-Wen Nienhuys <address@hidden> writes:

> > So, what hard data do we have on GUILE 2/3 slowness, and what does
> > that data say?
>
> That data says "humongous slowdown".  There is not much more than
> speculation what this is caused by as far as I know.

I can't provide any insight here.
Though, once I have a working LilyPond/guile-3, I'll test how
"humongous" it will.

A working LilyPond/guile-3 means: successfull make, make doc, make
test-baseline.
Currently only the first is done.

I have to run for my regular job now, probably more in the (late) evening.

Cheers,
  Harm