libunwind-devel

Re: [Libunwind-devel] Power Libunwind

From: David Mosberger-Tang
Subject: Re: [Libunwind-devel] Power Libunwind
Date: Thu, 2 Aug 2007 07:27:16 -0600

On 8/2/07, Jose Flavio Aguilar Paulino <address@hidden> wrote:
because when the symbol is a function, and you are looking for it, we
have the following:
val = sym->st_value;

but, in Power (I don't know how it works in IA64), this value would be
the address of entry in the table, not the address of the symbol, so the
look up will fail.

Why is that a problem?  On ia64, we also return the address of the function descriptor.  That *is* the value of a function pointer, after all.  I guess I'm still not following.

  --david
--
Mosberger Consulting LLC, http://www.mosberger-consulting.com/