libunwind-devel

Re: [Libunwind-devel] Power Libunwind

From: Jose Flavio Aguilar Paulino
Subject: Re: [Libunwind-devel] Power Libunwind
Date: Thu, 02 Aug 2007 04:07:50 -0300

My doubt is mainly about the function:
static int elf_w (lookup_symbol) in elfxx.c

because when the symbol is a function, and you are looking for it, we
have the following:
val = sym->st_value;

but, in Power (I don't know how it works in IA64), this value would be
the address of entry in the table, not the address of the symbol, so the
look up will fail.

Did you have any suggestion?

Thanks,
José Flávio Aguilar Paulino