Re: [igraph] Error importing igraph in OSX 10.10.5

From: Tamas Nepusz
Subject: Re: [igraph] Error importing igraph in OSX 10.10.5
Date: Thu, 15 Oct 2015 13:17:13 +0200

Hi Pablo,

> I remember that just before I tried to install igraph, I typed `export
> CC=/usr/bin/gcc’ and `export CXX=/usr/bin/g++’ to declare the Apple compilers
> as my default option. Is that related with this issue?
I don't know, but probably not - on my machine, the Python interface
builds just fine both with and without these variables. However, one
possible difference between your environment and mine could be that I
don't have Anaconda's lib/ folder on my library path (this is
deliberate; I don't use Anaconda Python so I don't want it to mess
around with my environment). Can you post the output of the following
command?

echo $DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH

Also, if the output of the above variable is not empty, can you try
installing igraph again after running "unset DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH" (and
also unsetting CC and CXX)?

> Is there any way to check if I have installed the C compilers (from gnu) and
> where?
"which gcc" should tell you where the gcc command is coming from. If
it is coming from /usr/bin, then it is probably the official one
supplied by Apple.