Re: [igraph] Error importing igraph in OSX 10.10.5

From: Szabolcs Horvát
Subject: Re: [igraph] Error importing igraph in OSX 10.10.5
Date: Thu, 15 Oct 2015 10:01:43 +0200

On recent versions of OS X, by default gcc is an alias for clang, and
will work correctly.  If the gcc command crashes on your computer,
then there must be a gcc executable somewhere else in the path.  What
does

echo $PATH

return on your computer?

On 15 October 2015 at 03:17, Pablo Moriano <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi Tamas,
>
> I remember that just before I tried to install igraph, I typed `export
> CC=/usr/bin/gcc’ and `export CXX=/usr/bin/g++’ to declare the Apple compilers
> as my default option. Is that related with this issue? Is there any way to
> check if I have installed the C compilers (from gnu) and where? Thank you.
>
>> On Oct 14, 2015, at 6:30 PM, Tamas Nepusz <address@hidden> wrote:
>>
>> Hi Pablo,
>>
>> gcc does not seem to work on your machine. This might or might not be
>> a problem - it probably doesn't affect igraph but you should try and
>> reinstall the C compilers at some point to be on the safe side.
>>
>> I have clang-600.0.51 on my machine and the compilation of igraph
>> works perfectly fine with this version. I'll try to find another
>> machine with a newer clang and test the compilation there.
>>
>> T.
>>
>> T.
>>

>> On Tue, Oct 13, 2015 at 2:46 PM, Pablo Moriano <address@hidden> wrote:
>>> Hi Tamas,
>>>
>>> Thank you for your response. These are the results:
>>>
>>> gcc -v
>>>
>>> Segmentation fault: 11
>>>
>>> clang -v
>>>
>>> Apple LLVM version 7.0.0 (clang-700.0.72)
>>> Target: x86_64-apple-darwin14.5.0
>>> Thread model: posix
>>>
>>> What can be wrong?
>>>
>>> On Oct 13, 2015, at 5:04 AM, Tamas Nepusz <address@hidden> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi Pablo,
>>>
>>> This issue seems to be either specific to OS X 10.10.5 or to your
>>> machine because it works just fine on my Mac with OS X 10.9. My best
>>> guess is that this is an issue with your C compiler. Can you post the
>>> output of "gcc -v" and "clang -v" here?
>>>
>>> T.
>>>
>>> T.
>>>

>>> On Mon, Oct 12, 2015 at 11:03 PM, Pablo Moriano <address@hidden>
>>> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I installed igraph on a mac OS X10.10.5 under Anaconda Python using pip
>>> install igraph-python. It seems to be installed correctly. It does not
>>> complain. However, when I tried to import the library, I am getting
>>>
>>> import igraph
>>>
>>> Traceback (most recent call last):
>>> File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
>>> File
>>> "/Users/user/anaconda/lib/python2.7/site-packages/igraph/__init__.py", line
>>> 34, in <module>
>>>   from igraph._igraph import *
>>> ImportError:
>>> dlopen(/Users/user/anaconda/lib/python2.7/site-packages/igraph/_igraph.so,