Re: Re: GUI closes without error message

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: Re: GUI closes without error message
Date: Tue, 23 Jun 2020 13:03:06 -0400

On 6/23/20 11:53 AM, Nicholas Jankowski wrote:
    Can you attach gdb to the PID of the running Octave process and try
    if it catches any exception? In case it does: What is the backtrace
    of the error?

Do we have instructions for doing that on a Windows install without rebuilding? Is that possible? I believe there was recently another email chain about needing to build a Windows version that still had the debug symbols for gdb?

I have been able to use the following command at the Octave prompt on a Windows system to start gdb in a separate command window and attach it to the current Octave process:

  system (sprintf ("start gdb -p %d", getpid ()));

jwe