Re: GUI closes without error message

From: Nicholas Jankowski
Subject: Re: GUI closes without error message
Date: Tue, 23 Jun 2020 11:53:05 -0400

Can you attach gdb to the PID of the running Octave process and try if it catches any exception? In case it does: What is the backtrace of the error?

Do we have instructions for doing that on a Windows install without rebuilding? Is that possible? I believe there was recently another email chain about needing to build a Windows version that still had the debug symbols for gdb?