Re: GUI closes without error message

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: GUI closes without error message
Date: Wed, 24 Jun 2020 11:02:11 -0400

On 6/24/20 3:12 AM, Markus Mützel wrote:
Am 24. Juni 2020 um 08:19 Uhr schrieb "Michael Holme Sørensen":
Thanks for all your inputs. I have started the gdb as proposed based on the
small guideline from Nicholas. Please let me know how to pull out a report from
this when I experience the failure next time.
Thanks, Michael

Please, use bottom or interleaved posting on this mailing list.

When the error occurs while gdb is attached to Octave and if gdb is able to catch the
signal, change to the gdb prompt and enter "bt". That will display the
backtrace of where the error occured.
Send the output in the gdb window to this mailing list.

In addition to the "bt" (or "where") command that will show the location in the current thread, it can also be useful to know what is happening in all threads at the point of the crash. To get that info, execute

  thread apply all bt

at the (gdb) prompt.

jwe