Re: Woctave-another gui front end

From: Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso
Subject: Re: Woctave-another gui front end
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2012 07:31:15 -0500

On 19 December 2012 22:38, Stephen Montgomery-Smith
<address@hidden> wrote:
> But as to your first point, why do you carp quite so much on people who
> point out the lack of some feature, but don't have the time or abilities
> to contribute?

Because I don't have the abilities nor time to contribute either, but
I do anyways. I am quite stupid and limited in my abilities.

Octave can only improve through people like you and me. It is not
helpful to enumerate again the ways it sucks. We know it sucks. We
know we need a GUI. We know we need better documentation. Just stating
these facts again and again is not useful. We only need to state them
once, in our bug tracker:

    http://bugs.octave.org

Or if you do think it's useful to enumerate time and time again all
the things that Octave really needs until your students can use it,
perhaps we could have a dedicated blog like this one, but about
Octave:

    https://abandonmatlab.wordpress.com/

Thank you for helping with Octave questions and any other involvement
you can offer.

- Jordi G. H.