Re: No "square" plotting in 3d any more?!

From: lynx . abraxas
Subject: Re: No "square" plotting in 3d any more?!
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2012 22:04:51 +0100

On 11/12/12 13:54:47, address@hidden wrote:
> On 11/12/12 13:46:42, address@hidden wrote:
> > Dear Ben,
> >
> > On 11/12/12 07:06:23, Ben Abbott wrote:
> > > Please run this script ...
> > >

>  >   I    tried   to set plotboxaspectratio at various places but the output
file‐
> name
> > suggests that when printing plotboxaspectratio  is   reset.    Any    idea
why
> that
> > could be?
>
> I found the problem. If I comment out
> axis ([0,1,0,1,0,1], "equal");
> it works as expected. Is this behavior intended?
>
>  Now that setting plotboxaspectratio works, I wonder is the value 1.25 for z
an
> estimate of Yours or is it connected to some  internal  setting  of   octave
that
> makes the axes ratios exactly 1:1:1?

Empirically  I  found that a value of 1.45 results in a nearly 1:1:1 figure. I
wonder though if it would be  possible  to  calculate  this  value  from  some
internal  variable  of  octave.  I’d  expect  that somewhere in the code it is
either hardcoded or calculated. Does anybody know more about this?

Kind regards,
Lynx