Re: No "square" plotting in 3d any more?!

From: lynx . abraxas
Subject: Re: No "square" plotting in 3d any more?!
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2012 19:45:54 +0100

Dear Jordi,

Many thanks for Your quick reply.
On 10/12/12 13:22:19, Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso wrote:
> It appears you want axis equal.

I tried
axis ([0,1,0,1,0,1], "equal");
but  the resulting images are the same, the z‐axis is squeesed compared to the
x and y axis (see attached image).
Any idea what else I could try?

> Also note that the viewpoint you pick for a 3d plot will induce a
> corresponding distortion in isometric projection.

Hm, I’m not sure what You mean with this. Would this cause the axes to  appear
squeezed depending on the view port?
I can get close to what I want by using wxt as a gnuplot term and resizing the
window in the hight and pressing the replot button but this is  quite  inexact
and does not effect the output to a file.

Many thanks for looking into this.
Lynx