Re: [fink-core] Running Octave from Fink?

From: Sergei Steshenko
Subject: Re: [fink-core] Running Octave from Fink?
Date: Sat, 10 Nov 2012 11:19:55 -0800 (PST)

----- Original Message -----
> From: Richard Stallman <address@hidden>

"We cannot allow people to add nonfree code to GPL-covered programs." - not
only you _can_, you _do_.

I suggest to read the GPL FAQ. As long as there is no distribution of code (and
distributing code between the same company sites is _not_ distribution
according to the FAQ), people can do with GPL code whatever they like.

http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-faq.html#InternalDistribution :

"

Is making and using multiple copies within one organization or company
“distribution”? (#InternalDistribution)
No, in that case the organization is just making the copies for
itself.  As a consequence, a company or other organization can develop
a modified version and install that version through its own
facilities, without giving the staff permission to release that
modified version to outsiders.
However, when the organization transfers copies to other organizations
or individuals, that is distribution.  In particular, providing copies
to contractors for use off-site is distribution.

".

Regards,
  Sergei.