Re: compiling SuiteSparse

From: Przemek Klosowski
Subject: Re: compiling SuiteSparse
Date: Tue, 29 May 2012 10:59:47 -0400

On 05/27/2012 04:24 AM, Sergei Steshenko wrote:

And I am especially glad and proud that successful compilation and
linking against 'metis' is yet another victory of me and hopefully
other people and pragmatism over the stupid GPL propaganda. And I've
been building with 'metis' for years.

Sergei, do not throw stones if you live in glass houses. IANAL, but my personal understanding of METIS license is that you can only use it freely if you are an educational institution or US government agency, and even then only for limited, non-commercial purposes. Do you satisify their restrictions?

Note that this doesn't even touch redistribution--these are just basic usage conditions.

So, which license has un-pragmatic and stupid conditions, again?