Re: Who uses Octave?

From: Juan Pablo Carbajal
Subject: Re: Who uses Octave?
Date: Mon, 6 Feb 2012 09:06:28 +0100

On Sun, Feb 5, 2012 at 3:36 PM, Chipmuenk <address@hidden> wrote:
> - Hardware I/O: I'm not sure how easy it it to talk to simple analog and
> digital I/O cards but
> haven't heard a lot of success stories yet. The main OS of my students is
> Windows, other OS are <
> 10% I would guess.

In the case of linux, have you look at comedi?
http://comedi.org/
It is quite easy to integrate with octave through the C/C++ API.
Though, it seems the development of drivers for newer cards is somehow
stalled.

For more general solutions you may want to have RSB in your scope. We
are (slowly) developing an Octave interface.
https://code.cor-lab.de/projects/rsb
(also, from the "Landsleute" in Bielefeld)

--
M. Sc. Juan Pablo Carbajal
-----