Re: Data Acquisition with Octave

From: Juan Pablo Carbajal
Subject: Re: Data Acquisition with Octave
Date: Thu, 9 Feb 2012 11:16:54 +0100

On Wed, Feb 8, 2012 at 5:40 PM, P.J.G. Long <address@hidden> wrote:
> Labjack

Hi,
http://labjack.com/
That looks promising.
I have never seen this little guys (do you have examples of
applications? links...links).

The drivers are distributed in source code and under MIT license. I
found in Wikipedia that
"The license is also GPL-compatible, meaning that the GPL permits
combination and redistribution with software that uses the MIT
License."
If that makes a potential Source Forge package "labjack" free, then
this is something really interesting.

There seems to be little dependencies (that make life easy) for the
compilation of the drivers, so in a first look it definitely looks
possible.

Do you have time/people to tackle package development?

--
M. Sc. Juan Pablo Carbajal
-----