Problems getting the Windows version of octave 3.6.0 to run ...

From: Ulf Griesmann
Subject: Problems getting the Windows version of octave 3.6.0 to run ...
Date: Mon, 6 Feb 2012 17:13:16 +1100

I have installed the Windows build from http://www.tatsuromatsuoka.com/octave/Eng/Win (including all the packages on which it depends) on Windows XP, 32 bit. When I try to start octave using an appropriately edited 'octave360.bat', an error message pops up: "This application failed to start because libgcc_s_dw2-1.dll was not found.[...]". I am at my wits end ... Is anyone out there who isn't ?

Ulf