Re: Data Acquisition with Octave

From: Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso
Subject: Re: Data Acquisition with Octave
Date: Wed, 8 Feb 2012 11:29:38 -0500

On 8 February 2012 11:18, Julien Salort <address@hidden> wrote:
> Chipmuenk <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> That's good news - I plan to give an NI myDAQ (a low-cost, robust data
>> acquistion box, tailored for educational purposes) to each student for
>> in-classroom circuit design experiments. An Octave Interface for generation,
>> analysis and display of signals would be very welcome. Julien, may I contact
>> you for some additional details?
>
> Sure.
>
> Since I don't know if it  is legal to distribute source publicly, I will
> send you some code snippet to your email address.

There is no legal problem sharing your source code, as long as you
don't distribute binaries compiled to the non-free driver. The only
social problem would be encouraging more people to use the non-free
drivers instead of demanding a free driver from NI, but it looks like
your code is encouraging people to look into the possibility of free
drivers, so it's probably beneficial if you share it.

- Jordi G. H.