Re: matlab code: isovalues and isosurface

From: Uwe Brauer
Subject: Re: matlab code: isovalues and isosurface
Date: Sat, 16 Jul 2011 17:25:25 +0200

   > Am Samstag, 16. Juli 2011, 12:46:13 schrieb Liam Groener:

   > I quickly checked that with fltk since I remembered that the transparency
did
   > not work with fltk when I last tried it.
   > If you remove the line with the FaceAlpha setting the graphics will be
   > rendered. Choosing
   > set(hpatch,'FaceColor',color(i,:),'EdgeColor','black')
   > in the loop gives the attached image.
Thanks very much to both of you all your effort.

I should have given more information. I am currently using
octave (3.2 preinstalled) on Kubuntu 10.04. Most likely for
my students I have to use octave for windows (hope that 3.4
is already available). May be I have to install 3.4 on
Kubuntu myself because this version supports daspect, which
makes a real difference for the plot in question. BTW does
anybody know whether the camlight feature will be
implemented?

More important is the following question:
I was using gnuplot, and forgive my ignorance I thought this
is the only plot option for octave. How to I use fltk in
Kubuntu and how in Windows? Because only with gnuplot I
don't get your graphics.

The picture you attached is close to one produced my matlab
the difference seems to be caused my different
implementations of daspect, I presume.

I attach both plots, one with camlight one without it.

Thanks again and if that works I can switch at least part of
my courses to octave.

Uwe Brauer