Re: matlab code: isovalues and isosurface

From: Martin Helm
Subject: Re: matlab code: isovalues and isosurface
Date: Sat, 16 Jul 2011 11:43:01 +0200

Am Freitag, 15. Juli 2011, 23:53:44 schrieb Liam Groener:
> (2) What I find very confusing is that the failure occurs almost instantly
> when the for loop is run from 1 to n, but the code runs for more than a
> minute (without failue) if the loop is run from 1 to n-1. It seems like it
> is actually running it from n to 1 in the former case?

I guess you are using gnuplot as backend? You did not mention it. The reason
that the error comes almost instantly is that the loop is very fast, it is
finished long before gnuplot starts to show the first plot. So it has nothing
do with the loop running in the wrong order as you suspected but seems to be
simply a side effect of the asynchronous behaviour of the plots running in a
separate process while the calculations are all finished.