Re: Comfortable Octave usage on Windows

From: John Swensen
Subject: Re: Comfortable Octave usage on Windows
Date: Thu, 30 Apr 2009 12:34:35 -0400

On Apr 30, 2009, at 6:39 AM, maiky76 wrote:

http://sourceforge.net/project/project_donations.php?group_id=176034

IDE front-end for the Octave environment (octavede) has not opted in to
receive donations

Cheers
Mickael

--

The reason I have not allowed donations so far is threefold: 1) I was too lazy to figure out how that would affect taxes 2) I am not a non- profit and I don't think donations would be tax deductible and 3) money wouldn't help the development of OctaveDE that much. I really need time (and that is hard to come by as a graduate student and father of 3) and other volunteers.

However, if instead of money your company could donate a developer's time equivalent to the money donation, that would be spectacular. Otherwise, I would recommend you donate the money to Octave (through U of Wisc) and it can be a tax deductible donation.

John Swensen