Re: UMFPACK Installation Problem

From: David Bateman
Subject: Re: UMFPACK Installation Problem
Date: Mon, 09 Oct 2006 10:35:52 +0200

Krishnan V wrote:
> Yes, the UMFPACK,CXSparse,COLAMD have to be installed within the
> umfsparse/ directory. This could be located within /usr/include or
> /usr/local/include .  I put it under the latter directory and the
> configure script finds it. Unfortunately, the compilation of UMFPACK
> doesnt work. Looks like rpms are the only solution.
> Would it make sense to include these packages in octave itself in the
> next version/release?
No AC_CHECK_HEADERS should look in <include_dir>/ufsparse/ then in
<include_dir>/umfpack and then in <include_dir>. In any of these
locations it should be found. If its not its probably a bug in your
autoconf. What version of autoconf are you using..

D.

[x] General Business Information
[ ] Motorola Internal Use Only
[ ] Motorola Confidential Proprietary