Re: UMFPACK Installation Problem

From: David Bateman
Subject: Re: UMFPACK Installation Problem
Date: Sun, 08 Oct 2006 14:00:29 +0200

Joe Koski wrote:

> Sorry for my oversimplification, and yes Linux/UNIX is very flexible about
> location. My problem with the octave configure script and the sparse
> libraries was that ./configure seemed to be looking for things like
> /ufsparse/any_header.h instead of just any_header.h. I had header files in
> obvious places on my shell path, and the script still couldn't find them. I
> had to copy multiple copies of some header files into /usr/local/include/
> and /usr/local/include/ufsparse until configure could find them all.
>
> Also, although it isn't part of the sparse matrix libraries, a "make
> install" type script that copies all the correct files into whatever is the
> correct directory would really aid in octave installation. Are the Florida
> sparse matrix folks working in that direction, or is a special octave script
> in order?
>
> Joe

Joe,

The autoconf macro that searches for the headers is

  AC_CHECK_HEADERS([ufsparse/umfpack.h umfpack/umfpack.h umfpack.h],
<found>, <not found>)

where AC_CHECK_HEADERS is a standard autoconf macro. So the header in
order will look n <include_dir>/ufsparse/umfpack.h,
<include_dir>/umfpack/umfpack.h and <include_dir>/umfpack.h. So if it
did it seems autoconf on your system has a problem.

D.