Re: UMFPACK Installation Problem

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: UMFPACK Installation Problem
Date: Sat, 7 Oct 2006 19:39:50 -0400

On  7-Oct-2006, Joe Koski wrote:

| For installing the libraries there is no ³make install².  The .a files
| usually go to the obvious /usr/local/lib, but octave is also looking for
| header files in /usr/local/include.

Octave does not look for header files in /usr/local/include.  Neither
does configure, at least not directly.  The configure script runs the
C compiler to check for header files and libraries.  Header files and
libraries will be found in the directories the compiler searches.
That may or may not include /usr/local/include and /usr/local/lib by
default.  You may need to add extra directories to CPPFLAGS and
LDFLAGS, preferably by doing something like

  configure CPPFLAGS="-I/some/include/dir" LDFLAGS="-L/some/lib/dir"

jwe