Re: New Octave for Windows sourceforge release

From: Doug Stewart
Subject: Re: New Octave for Windows sourceforge release
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2006 21:06:47 -0500

Billings, Paul wrote:

My .octaverc has the following to configure interactions of my native editor
with octave:
edit editor
'/cygdrive/c/progra~1/xemacs/XEmacs-21.4.13/i586-pc-win32/winclient.exe
`cygpath -msa %s`'

Other editors may require -w instead of -m if they don't grok '/' as a dir
separator.  You can probably get away without the -s (short file names).

I don't think ANY of this rigmarole should be in edit.m.  A note somewhere
about this peculiarity of the cygwin version would be nice (e.g., the wiki),
but I would think that's all.

Paul

Are you saying we shouldn't make a version that works on windows????????

Doug Stewart